Universitatea din Bucuresti, Facultatea de Administratie si Afaceri

Creative Commons License
Content on this site is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0


Double Blind Review Evaluation

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Indexed by : EBSCO-CEEAS | CEEOL | RePEc | DOAJ | INDEX COPERNICUS | PROQUEST | ULRICH | DRJI | Google Scholar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ISSN-L 1453-0503
ISSN (e) 2286-170X
ISSN (p) 1453-0503

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Address

Elisabeta Queen
No. 4 - 12, District 1,
Bucharest, Romania

see area map

Phones

Tel: +4 021 310 49 20
Fax: +4 021 310 49 20

Email

manager@faa.ro

Site Vechi/ Old Site

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Regulating the Electricity Supply Industry in Nigeria. An Assessment of Consumer's Attitudes

 

download file

Creative Commons License

  1. Authors:
      • Olawale Ibrahim Olateju, Afiliation: Department of Business Administration and Management Technology, Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos
      • Oludare Tolulope Adeyemi, Afiliation: Department General General Studies - Economics Unit - Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorudu, Lagos
      • Mustapha Abiodun Okunnu, Afiliation: Department General General Studies - Economics Unit - Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorudu, Lagos

    Pages:
      • 131|139

  2. Keywords: Electricity, Generation, Consumers, Development, Conservation and Consumption

  3. Abstract:
    The power sector is critical to the development of any country and Nigeria is no exception, incessant power outrage has been the bane of economic development in the country. For the past three decades, the power sector of the country has been plagued by a lot of problems ranging from low power generation and distribution, decaying facilities most of which were commissioned before and shortly after the country’s independence. The interaction of the electric power industry with climate is manifested both in the effect that severe weather has on the power system and through the contribution of electric power to the production of greenhouse gas (GHG) and other pollutants. The paper examines and provides answers to (i) the nature of consumers’ attitudes towards power consumption and (ii) suggest ways of informing the consumers on the need to conserve power when not in use. This study was carried out in Alimosho Local Government Area of Lagos State, south-west Nigeria. The findings show that 61 percent of electricity consumers’ agreed that rationing of electricity consumption would stabilized the electricity distribution, whereas 39 percent were not in agreement. The study also shows that about 90 percent of the consumers were not satisfied with the services being offered by the Government owned company, while the remaining 10 percent were satisfied. We suggest the authority take to prepaid method of electricity consumption and also intensify efforts to enlighten the public on the need to conserve power.

download file

Creative Commons License

NEWS

  1. Manager, indexed by Directory of Research Journals Indexing

    Manager is included in Directory of Research Journals Indexing . For details

  2. Manager, indexed by Google Scholar Database

     Manager  is included in  Google Scholar  Database. For

  3. Manager, indexed by PROQUEST Database

     Manager  is included in  PROQUEST Database. For details

  4. Manager, indexed by INDEX COPERNICUS Database

    Manager  is included in INDEX COPERNICUS Database. For details

  5. Manager, indexed by DOAJ Database

    Manager is included in DOAJ Database. For details : http://www.doaj.org/doaj?func=openurl&genre=journal&issn=14530503

  6. Manager, indexed by RePEc Database

     Manager  is included in  RePEc Database. For details :

  7. Manager, indexed by CEEOL Database

    Manager is included in the International Database CEEOL-Central and Eastern European 

  8. Manager, indexed by EBSCO-CEEAS Database

     Manager  is included in  EBSCO-CEEAS Database. For details :